Thursday, December 08, 2005

happy birthday to me or: remembering john

As you probably know, today is the 25th anniversary of John Lennon's death. You can hardly call me a fan of the Beatles in general or of John Lennon in particular, but the fact that he was shot on my 10th birthday makes this date kinda special for me.

Admittingly, John Lennon is more famous than me. That's why I put my own birthday aside for a moment in order to share the following piece with you. It's taken from an interview in 2003 with May Pang, who, according to Wikipedia, lived with John from late 1973 until the first weeks of 1975:

[Well, my plan was to post a small part of the interview, but as I tried to copy this part, the pop-up told me the following:

Sorry, that function is disabled. This Page Copyrighted and Images and Text
protected! ALL RIGHTS RESERVED]

Hmpf. Thank you for nothing...Anyway, here is the link: http://www.maypang.com/asiance_story.html.

It's a little off the usual road of "remembering John". Enjoy!

2 comments:

Ymarsakar said...

It is IE probably that is preventing you from copying. Mozilla and other browsers don't fall prey to that kind of malicious coding.

Marian said...

ymarsakar,

sure, but if she doesn't want me to copy parts of her site, I respect that.

What kinda ennoyed me was, that this copy right wasn't there couple of weeks earlier :-/